Monday, September 26, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

It's official, on December 2 Jeff and I will be homeowners! We made an offer on this house last week and they have accepted our terms. We are closing on December 2, and are so excited!
When we came across this house it was love at first sight. Initially we thought it was way out of our reach, but as we started to take timid steps towards buying it, everything just fell into place. It is a new construction in a great neighborhood and we think it will develop very nicely. From a decorating stand point it is a blank slate, and I am SO excited to get started! I would really appreciate any help or tips anyone has to offer :) Seriously! I have put a slide show of pics below, there are a few of Ryan in there too :) If you have difficulty viewing the video I posted a link to a site with just the pics.


7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Congratulations! It is beautiful! Seriously, a dream! What area are you in??!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowee! Seriously, that is GORGEOUS! Am I allowed to ask how much you offered? We would LOVE to have a home after graduation... and I would LOVE to hear all the painful deliberations you went through to decide whether or not to buy, how much to spend, how you feel about the entire real estate process, etc. Honestly, we are pretty SCARED and don't trust the market...but we want a home! What made it worth it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linzi- Thanks! We are in Durham, NC.
    Elisa- I sent you an email, its pretty long so if you have to take breaks while reading it, I understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! That is way exciting news, good luck building up your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a nice house! I LOVE it! I know you are so excited to move in to your own place. I can't wait to see how you are going to decorate it...I'm glad we are headed to Carolina Pottery soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! Congrats and good luck with the new adventure! Looks like a beautiful home, with plenty of room to grow into! How wonderful for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet pictures. Awesome awesome awesome. I am so glad you found the house of your dreams.

    ReplyDelete